Wedding Count Down Planner
You’ve just gotten engaged, you’re sitting on cloud nine and your so happy you can’t think of where to start with your wedding preparations. Well don’t worry, we’ve compiled the definitive Countdown Planner to help you plan and organise your perfect wedding!
From the engagement to the wedding day, planning and scheduling your wedding early will help you to relax and enjoy every moment of your day
- Tell family and friends the good news
- Tell the whole world about your engaged - place an announcement in the paper
- Open a wedding joint bank account
- Set a budget
- Allocate who’s paying for what
- Take out wedding insurance
- Choose the attendants i.e. chief bridesmaid, maid of honour, bridesmaids, best man, ushers and page boys
- Decide on the type of wedding - Church or Civil?
12 Months To Go:
- With both sets of parents, decide on a budget and who'll be on the guest list
- Sit down with the priest, rabbi, minister or registrar to set the date and discuss the arrangements
- Decide on the type of wedding
- Maybe have a theme?
- Would you prefer to hire a wedding planner or co-ordinator?
11 Months To Go:
- Book the reception venue, caterer and entertainment
- Order the cake
- Book the photographer and/or videographer
- Book transport
10 Months To Go:
- Choose the wedding dress and attendant clothes, allowing four months at least for a hand made dress
- Organise dress fittings
- Organise the flowers - The Bride will require a bouquet but how many guests will want button holes?
- Would you like a toastmaster?
- Compile your gift list
9 Months To Go:
- Order your stationery
- Think about the honeymoon and book as early as possible to avoid disappointment - remember to book the time off of work
- Send out save the date cards
8 Months To Go:
- Decide on music for the service, have a chat with the minister or priest
7 Months To Go:
- Arrange clothes hire for the groom, best man and other men in the bridal party
- Consult with a hair stylist and beautician to decide on your look for the day
6 Months To Go:
- Confirm the service with the minister and venue
- Draw up a plan of who has responsibility for the different aspects of the wedding
- Give notice of the marriage to the superintendent registrar
- Choose and order wedding rings - Make sure that they are covered by insurance
- Choose your wedding favours
5 Months To Go:
- Changing your name? Notify your bank, building society and relevant authorities and give yourself at least six weeks for a new passport to arrive
- Consider booking visas and vaccinations for honeymoon
- Reserve accommodation for the guests who need it
4 Months To Go:
- Organise your stationery, invitations, envelopes, place cards, order of service sheets and so on
- Don't forget boxes to send cake in to those who cannot attend
- Book first night hotel
- Organise the hen and stag nights
- Remember to write your vows
- Buy wedding day and night lingerie
3 Months To Go:
- Organise wedding gift list
- Send out wedding invitations including information on accommodation, gift list etc - remember to make a list of acceptances and refusals and send out thank you notes as gifts arrive
- Confirm honeymoon arrangements and do not forget about any visas or vaccinations that need to be arranged with your doctor
- Choose gifts for attendants, best man and others
- Confirm registrars attendance at the venue or the registry office booking
- Schedule the rehearsal and breakfast
- Give notice of marriage to your local registry office
2 Months To Go:
- Buy honeymoon clothes
- Order foreign currency and arrange travellers cheques
- Check wedding clothes and try on the whole outfit including the head-dress, shoes and underwear
- Check that your fiancé has organised rings, his wedding clothes and honeymoon details including flights and hotel bookings
- Organise a guest book
1 Month To Go:
- Check late replies and confirm the final guest numbers with the caterer and venue
- Design the seating plan and finalise all details i.e. cake, photographer, flowers, transport etc, including sending a list of must-have photographs to the photographer
- Have a rehearsal including transport and have hen and stag nights
- Remind the groom, best man and fathers to write their speeches
1 Week To Go:
- Wedding rehearsal with all the key people.
- Make arrangements to get presents from the reception to your home.
- Arrange for cake to be delivered to those who can't attend.
- Break in wedding shoes.
- Pack honeymoon clothes and arrange for them to be delivered to the reception venue.
On The Day:
- Give yourself (and everyone else) plenty of time to get ready before the ceremony
- If you are having your hair and make up done by a professional, make sure that you have a top on the wont mess up all of the hard work i.e. a cardigan or zip-up jumper
- Don’t forget your bouquet